We have an exciting opportunity for a Pricing Analyst to join our busy and fast-paced commercial area.
The Pricing Analyst should demonstrate strong analytical skills with the ability to review complex data and identify discrepancies/missing information.
As a Pricing Analyst, you will draw on your previous experience to ensure an immediate and positive impact on the Industrial & Commercial area of the business and must have a natural affinity to numbers and analysis.
Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK and having established our business to participate in the English and Scottish water markets, we are now strategically positioned to take full advantage of the deregulating business water market in England.
Our head office is based in Blairgowrie in Northern Perthshire, equidistant between Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen and provides excellent opportunities for a range of activities, from golf and fishing to mountain biking and skiing. Our office is within commuting distance of both Perth and Dundee.
- Prepare and deliver pricing models for tenders
- Provide accurate and competitive pricing analysis
- Interpret and analyse data/transactions as part of the price building process
- Develop/improve pricing methodologies to mitigate commercial risk whilst ensuring competitiveness and bid success rate
- Manage complex bid pricing including the validation of market charges
- Assist in the preparation of data and analysis for customers, brokers and internal stakeholders across the business
- Work with both the Sales and Marketing teams to prepare pricing and quote templates for presenting Castle Water’s products and services
Key Skills & Experience:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent is preferred, with previous experience in a similar analytical role
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and demanding environment with the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- High level of numeracy and problem-solving skills required
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to review complex data sets and identify discrepancies or missing information
- Natural affinity to numbers, analysis and demonstrating initiative and creativity
- Ability to simplify problems into component parts and deal with them systematically.
- Advanced Excel user essential
- Ability to be proactive and confident when supporting colleagues across the business
- Be highly organised, with attention to detail being a core requirement
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
How to apply
If you have the drive, experience and skills to support our continued success, send your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Innovation and knowledge sharing are part of our everyday experience. We invest the training and support you need to succeed and deliver the excellent service our customers expect. We offer an attractive base salary, pension scheme, life cover and 28 days paid holiday.
As a responsible employer, the health, safety and wellbeing of our people is a top priority. Our people are currently working from home where possible, and where this is not possible, additional measures have been put in place in line with government guidelines to ensure a safe environment for those who are working in our offices.