Castle Water has an exciting opportunity for a Tender Pricing Analyst to actively support our busy and expanding Bid and Tenders Team. This represents an excellent opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in the utility sector.
Castle Water is one of the UK’s fastest growing companies and the leading independent water retailer in the UK, supplying over 20% of all businesses in Britain. Castle Water has a track record of providing excellent customer service, and of developing innovative approaches to utility supply. We developed the first affinity partnership in the water sector, pioneered online switching by customers, and were the first company to transfer customers in England.
We have more 5* reviews on Trust Pilot than all other water retailers combined. Our values include treating customers fairly and maintaining an open-door approach with our regulators.
Our head office is based in Blairgowrie in Northern Perthshire, within easy commuting distance of both Perth and Dundee. Blairgowrie is equi-distant between Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen and provides excellent opportunities for a range of activities, from golf and fishing to mountain biking and skiing.
This is a permanent opportunity with a flexible start date. Location would be predominantly home-based initially due to Covid-19 restrictions.
- Deliver pricing on medium and large-scale tenders for both Public and Private Sectors in the UK
- Use market data to provide competitive pricing
- Interpret and analyse data/transactions as part of the price build process.
- Review market tariffs and competitor pricing
- Develop/improve pricing methodologies to mitigate commercial risk whilst ensuring competitiveness and bid success rate.
- Manage complex bid pricing including the validation of market charges
- Assist in the preparation of data and analysis for customers and internal stakeholders
- Work with both the Sales and Marketing teams to define pricing structure for company products
Key Skills & Experience:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent with previous experience in a similar analytical role
- Experience of working in a demanding environment with the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- High level of numeracy required with a problem-solving approach to work
- Strong analytical skills to review a variety of data and identify discrepancies or missing information
- Natural affinity to numbers, analysis and creative problem solving
- Ability to simplify problems into component parts and deal with them systematically
- Advanced Excel user essential.
- Have a proactive approach to supporting a wider team
- Be highly organised, with attention to detail being core
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
How to apply
If you have the drive, experience and skills to support our continued success, send your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Innovation and knowledge sharing are part of our everyday experience. We invest the training and support you need to succeed and deliver the excellent service our customers expect. We offer an attractive base salary, pension scheme, life cover and 28 days paid holiday.