Strategically important and central to the success of the business, the Analyst role is varied and offers plenty of opportunity to work with all areas of the business.
The key requirement is for someone who can learn quickly and is able to pick up new concepts.
A highly numerate problem solver, able to learn quickly and possessing the skills necessary to analyse and interpret big data is essential.
The Analyst role requires someone adaptable and with initiative, who is comfortable managing and making sense of large data sets.
Someone able to understand and follow operational processes and someone who wants to grow and develop with our business.
Key priorities for each area are highlighted in bold
- Understand and model behaviours on company Values, and adhere to all regulatory requirements
Delivering and reporting KPIs
- Fully understand the KPIs in their area, and takes responsibility for their delivery
- Ongoing monitoring of performance statistics to evaluate and ensure that the set goals and targets are consistently achieved
- Strong analytical skills to review a variety of data and identify discrepancies or missing information
Subject matter expertise
- Understanding key processes throughout the customer journey, particularly those processes within your area of responsibility
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to assist in improving operational efficiency and customer service throughout the business
- Good knowledge of all relevant water industry documentation, including: the Market Codes; the Business Customer Protection Code of Practice; Licences; the GSS Scheme
- Managing our interfaces and inputs to market systems and data
- Identifying patterns trends and presenting actionable insights following analysis of large datasets
- Evaluating and responding to complex queries from relevant stakeholders, investigating and reporting of transaction issues
- Ensuring strict adherence to company guidelines regarding data protection
Proficient use of company systems
- Ensuring you are effective and efficient in using all company IT systems, in order to effectively solve problems
- Informing and guiding business process design, and contributing to wider change/projects/initiatives
- Identifies and discusses training with line manager, as required
Effective internal and external communication and coordination
- Use active listening skills to record action items and complete any follow-up tasks
- You will need to be responsive in a timely manner and communicate in a clear easy-to-understand way to address issues/problems
- A passion for delivering great customer services along with a patient, sympathetic manner
- Effectively work and collaborate with colleagues throughout the organisation to help create an effective solution for all.
- Understands all internal briefings, and where relevant contributes to their production
Undertaking continuous professional development
- Taking responsibility for self-development
- Ensuring that knowledge is continually enhanced, and experience expanded, with a good understanding of the requirements of the Market Codes
- Collaborates across Castle Water with other areas, to gain a thorough understanding of the business
- Understands and follows Castle Water’s values
- Identifies areas for personal development, through discussion with line management and HR and proactively seeks to expand skills and knowledge
Key Skills and Experience
- Previous experience within utilities/water industry is preferred
- Strong customer management and relationship engagement skills (both internally and externally) required
- A passion for delivering great customer services and a focus on putting customers at the heart of what we do
- Excellent phone manner with clear communication skills and the ability to build rapport with customers and colleagues
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to handle challenging situations calmly
- Flexible with a positive attitude, ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Advanced excel skills essential
- Minimum of intermediate MS packages. PowerBI knowledge would also be an advantage
How to apply
If you have the drive, experience and skills to support our continued success, send your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Innovation and knowledge sharing are part of our everyday experience. We invest the training and support you need to succeed and deliver the excellent service our customers expect. We offer an attractive base salary, pension scheme, life cover and 28 days paid holiday.