GP Strategies are delighted to be supporting Castle Water with their Modern Apprentice 2020 Intake.
Castle Water is the UK’s leading independent business water supplier, providing water and wastewater services to hundreds of thousands of businesses, charities and public bodies throughout Scotland, England and Wales.
Due to their continued success and business growth, Castle Water is looking to hire multiple Business Administration Apprentices with a view to the successful candidates building a successful career within the business.
- Location: Blairgowrie, Perthshire
- Hours: Full-Time, Monday – Friday
Castle Water is looking to expand various areas of their business with the several Business Admin vacancies spread across different business functions and departments.
Due to the nature of the organisation, Apprentices are often given the opportunity to rotate around departments allowing them to improve their business knowledge and skillset while widening their experience.
As a Business Admin Apprentice, you will be given the opportunity to work in at least one of the following departments and be responsible for:
Industrial and Commercial:
- Prepare and check customer invoices and ensure these are accurate
- Working with major customers on billing and service issues relating to water usage, waste treatment and validation of charges using state of the art systems
- Regular update of our Customer Relationship Management and other systems
Payments and Billing:
- Inbox gatekeeping
- Responding to customer queries via email.
- Direct Debit set up and payment allocations
- Generating and reviewing customers’ bills
- Investigate and identify correct legal entities to ensure billing accuracy.
- Contact with customer prior to and during recoveries process to agree payment plans
- Maintaining the current systems in place, including the litigation databases.
- Monitoring of, and management of correspondence, for the shared legal inboxes
- Ensuring all letters and mail sent out and delivered on appropriate dates.
Sales & Business Development:
- Proactively contact customers via telephone and email to discuss their quotes and answer any queries they have
- Track progress of sales leads
- Support weekly and ad-hoc reporting and the on-boarding of new contracts
- Log new quotes and track their progress
- Support with reporting and analysis
General Key Responsibilities:
- Support the team to achieve KPI’s within the business area
- Work closely with colleagues to contribute to delivery of objectives
- Manage workload effectively ensuring all tasks are completed within timescales
- Accurate recording and updating of customer records
- Take ownership of customer issues and follow problems through to resolution
- Work collaboratively with other areas across the business
We are seeking applicants who are motivated, determined and eager to build a career within a Business environment.
Due to the nature of the roles available, candidates should be able to demonstrate the following skills and personal qualities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Efficient time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong willingness to learn and improve as an individual and employee
- Proficient IT skills especially in Microsoft Office
- Good understanding of customer service importance and principles
Candidates should be educated to a minimum of National 5 in English, Maths and two other relevant subjects.
As well as entering full-time employment with a growing business, you will be given the fantastic opportunity to earn as you learn. Fully funded for candidates aged 16-24, you will undertake a Modern Apprenticeship in Business Administration leading to the achievement of a nationally recognised SVQ in Business Administration.
Candidates can apply by clicking here, or by e-mailing a copy of their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any questions relating to this role/vacancy, please contact Niall Cunningham of GP Strategies – ncunningham(at)gpstrategies.com
- Interviews are likely to be conducted remotely due to COVID-19