We have an immediate opportunity to appoint a Collections Advisor, working within the Collections Department.
The main function of the role is to support our Debt Collection Agency activity by working closely with other departments within Castle Water and liaising externally with our chosen DCA’s to ensure queries are dealt with effectively. This is a key role within a high-performing team in a fast-paced environment, which would suit a collections focused and analytical candidate.
Castle Water is one of the UK’s fastest growing companies, and is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, with headquarters in Perthshire.
Castle Water has a track record of providing excellent customer service, and of developing innovative approaches to utility supply. We developed the first affinity partnership in the water sector, pioneered online switching by customers, and were the first company to transfer customers in England. We have more 5* reviews on Trust Pilot than all other water retailers combined. Our values include treating customers fairly and maintain an open-door approach with our regulators.
Our head office is based in Blairgowrie in Northern Perthshire, within easy commuting distance of both Perth and Dundee, and equidistant between Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen. The area provides excellent opportunities for a range of activities, from golf and fishing to mountain biking and skiing.
We are looking for candidates who enjoy problem solving and can work on their own initiative. Good experience in a similar working environment would be useful.
- Working closely with colleagues to contribute objectives and targets for collections
- Manage workload effectively ensuring all tasks are completed within given timescales
- Take ownership of customer queries and resolve in a timely manner, escalating as appropriate
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure more complex customer queries are investigated and resolved
- Assist with other area of the business when required i.e. legal, insolvencies and disconnections
- Deal with escalations and issues raised
- Coordinating preparation of files to be sent to DCAs
- Monitoring and reporting DCA performance
- Work with team to review DCA feedback of individual cases, and ensure that these are processed correctly
- Understand DCA contractual frameworks and monitor performance against contractual expectations
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience within a similar role – finance/back office/collections administration preferred but not essential
- Ability to work in a challenging and fast paced environment and to meet team KPI’s
- High level of literacy, numeracy, customer service, reporting and attention to detail
- Competent in all Microsoft office packages Excel, office 365 and Sage
- Effectively managing workload
- High organised, flexible with a positive attitude, ability to work collaboratively and autonomously
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good negotiation and persuasion skills
How to apply
If you have the drive, experience and skills to support our continued success, send your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Innovation and knowledge sharing are part of our everyday experience. We invest the training and support you need to succeed and deliver the excellent service our customers expect. We offer an attractive base salary, pension scheme, life cover and 28 days paid holiday.
As a responsible employer, the health, safety and wellbeing of our people is a top priority. Our people are currently working from home where possible, and where this is not possible, additional measures have been put in place in line with government guidelines to ensure a safe environment for those who are working in our offices.