Castle Water, one of the UK’s fastest-growing companies, has an immediate opportunity to appoint a team of Collections Finance Managers, working closely with relevant areas of the business to ensure Collections responsibilities, tracking, and controls are delivered across the company.
This is a key role within a high-performing team in a fast-paced environment, which would suit relevant professionals with a background in areas such as utilities, finance, telecoms.
Castle Water has a track record of providing excellent customer service, and of developing innovative approaches to utility supply. We developed the first affinity partnership in the water sector, pioneered online switching by customers, and were the first company to transfer customers in England. We have more 5-star reviews on Trust Pilot than all other water retailers combined. Our values include treating customers fairly and maintain an open-door approach with our regulators.
Our head office is based in Blairgowrie in Northern Perthshire, within easy commuting distance of both Perth and Dundee, and equidistant between Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen. The area provides excellent opportunities for a range of activities, from golf and fishing to mountain biking and skiing. We also have offices in Ayr on the west coast of Scotland.
- Collaborate closely with other areas of the business to support and deliver dissolved processes and insolvencies
- Implement a Tracking and Controls framework for Collections Recoveries Charges – LPC/I, Field, and DCA
- Implement a Tracking and Controls framework for DD’s and for Security Deposits
- Manage the final stages of the writing process – collaborating with Finance to ensure all areas are delivered
- Understand and report MI for tariff and non-tariff income; on effectiveness and recovery assessment
- Ensure documentation is in place (and updated as required) for the process of all frameworks
- Managing the end to end audit and quality assurance processes across Collections
- Work with Finance and others to build P&L for non-tariff and recovery income, and to validate and process DCA invoices
- The role may require staff supervision
- Managing, analysing, reporting, and communicating key performance statistics to your team and operations managers, in order to improve team performance
Key Skills & Experience
- Financial qualification for example Management Accountant, Chartered Accountant
- Previous experience within a busy transactional environment such as utilities, finance, customer services, and telecoms is preferred
- Leadership/coaching experience within a customer service/contact centre environment is desirable
- Good evidence of improving results via effective management/coaching
- Must be commercially aware with a track record of consistently achieving and exceeding targets
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability and resilience to deal with challenges and ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), with good IT systems experience, particularly Microsoft Office (Excel, Office 365)
How to apply
If you have the drive, experience, and skills to support our continued success, send your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Innovation and knowledge sharing are part of our everyday experience. We invest the training and support you need to succeed and deliver the excellent service our customers expect. We offer an attractive base salary, pension scheme, life cover and 28 days paid holiday.
As a responsible employer, the health, safety, and wellbeing of our people is a top priority. Our people are currently working from home where possible, and where this is not possible, additional measures have been put in place in line with government guidelines to ensure a safe environment for those who are working in our offices.