Castle Water has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Relationship Manager (CRM).
The Commercial Relationship Manager (CRM) maintains and expands the business relationships with strategically large customers within the UK Water Market. The CRM represents the entire range of company services to assigned customers, whilst leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring customer needs and expectations are fully met.
The CRM is responsible for driving relationships, increasing customer interaction, improving cash collection and supporting competitive wins. The CRM should demonstrate a deep insight into the customer’s business, their respective industry and regional trends. In addition, the CRM will directly manage customer satisfaction for all customers with the key objective of not only improving but developing growth for Castle Water.
Castle Water is one of the UK’s fastest-growing companies and the leading independent water retailer in the UK, supplying over 20% of all businesses in Britain. Castle Water has a track record of providing excellent customer service, and of developing innovative approaches to utility supply. We developed the first affinity partnership in the water sector, pioneered online switching by customers, and were the first company to transfer customers in England. We have more 5* reviews on Trust Pilot than all other water retailers combined. Our values include treating customers fairly and maintaining an open-door approach with our regulators.
Our head office is based in Blairgowrie in Northern Perthshire, within easy commuting distance of both Perth and Dundee. Blairgowrie is equidistant between Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen and provides excellent opportunities for a range of activities, from golf and fishing to mountain biking and skiing.
- Business Retention
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Debtor and Collection Management
- Detailed Sector Reporting
The following are the key elements that both collectively and individually contribute to the successful tenets of customer retention:
- Ensure clear alignment with the business requirements of all customers
- Proactively leads communications to all customers including monthly calls and regular visits, and all associated reporting of calls, as well as proactively leading meetings
- Be responsible for all aspects of the customer relationship including all aspects of customer retention, including and not confined to areas such as strategic account planning, performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for each of the customers in the CRM’s area of responsibility
- Communicate the Castle Water value proposition
- Develop and deliver the strategic development of the CRM’s area customer base
- Develop a close understanding and knowledge of each customer’s business requirements
- Assist in solution creating and opportunity identification
- Demonstrate a clear vision in the assessment of macro market opportunities
- Aware of key industry news.
Customer Relationship Management:
- Executive relationship building and ensure Castle Water is seen as a valued partner in industry
- Personally, manage, execute or escalate all customer queries relating to all areas including invoice queries, balance enquires and debtor balances
- Manage a minimum of monthly calls and quarterly meetings with each Customer and provide in-depth update and reporting
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Advise customers on the business value proposition of Castle Water
- Build collaborative relationships based on trust, both internally and externally
- Viewed by both colleagues and customers as a strategic advisor
- Develops commercial relationships at all levels within a partner organisation
- Strategic focus, provides clear and concise messaging
Customer Debtor and Collection Management:
- Be responsible for each customer’s trading balance and the full management of such
- Be responsible for the close interaction with customer on payment structures that are aligned to Castle Waters standard terms
- Provide detailed reporting, when requested, on trading balances and full commentary when requested.
Detailed Sector Reporting:
- Be responsible for delivering all reports in a professional and concise manner
- Responsible for annual area business planning, reporting and delivery
- Deliver all reporting or any other information requests from the business in a timely, professional and detailed format
- Lead analysis of customer goals, objectives, needs
Additional Areas of Responsibility
- Successfully manage large and highly complex communications concurrently and strategically
- Expert in conflict resolution
- Able to translate strategy into tactical team objectives
- Ability to map Castle Water’s offerings against customer needs and identify new opportunities within the CRM’s customers
- Expert understanding of Castle Water’s vision and effectively communicate Castle Water’s value proposition and solutions
- Expert negotiation skills and the ability to drive value
- Inspire partners and develop strong relationships
- Ability to meet and exceed goals
Key Skill & Experience
- Minimum of undergraduate degree level, but postgraduate degree is desired (or equivalent)
- Highly skilled relationship builder
- Experience using analysis and reporting to assist customers
- History of exceeding targets
- Ability to thrive in a high paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple responsibilities
- Can demonstrate the ability of excellent account relationships with customers
- Presents themselves in a professional manner, being a representative of their organization
How to apply
If you have the drive, experience and skills to support our continued success, send your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Innovation and knowledge sharing are part of our everyday experience. We invest the training and support you need to succeed and deliver the excellent service our customers expect. We offer an attractive base salary, pension scheme, life cover and 28 days paid holiday.
As a responsible employer, the health, safety and wellbeing of our people is a top priority. Our people are currently working from home where possible, and where this is not possible, additional measures have been put in place in line with government guidelines to ensure a safe environment for those who are working in our offices.