GP Strategies are delighted to be supporting Castle Water with the recruitment and training of an IT Support Modern Apprentice.
Castle Water is the UK’s leading independent business water supplier, providing water and wastewater services to hundreds of thousands of businesses, charities and public bodies throughout Scotland, England and Wales.
Due to their continued success and business growth, Castle Water is looking to recruit a motivated individual who is enthusiastic and passionate about building a career within the IT space.
- Location: Blairgowrie, Perthshire
- Hours: Full-Time, Monday – Friday
As an IT Support Apprentice, you will join the busy Service Desk Team who are responsible for providing a high quality and efficient IT support service to all Castle Water employees across different locations.
In this role, you will be involved in the following duties and tasks:
- Providing 1st line technical support to all employees and locations in a friendly, professional and helpful manner
- Escalating advanced issues to senior members of the Service Desk Team
- Responding to and resolving an array of technical issues and incidents
- Logging support tickets on the helpdesk system and updating accordingly
- Setting up and maintaining PC’s, laptops and other equipment
- Maintaining IT asset database
- Creation of user accounts
- Installation of new hardware and software
- Participate in cybersecurity initiative where required.
We are seeking applicants who are motivated, determined and eager to build a career within an IT Support role.
Due to the nature of this role, applicants should be able to demonstrate the following skills and personal qualities:
- A strong passion for IT and Technology
- An ability to think logically and resolve complex issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Efficient time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong willingness to learn and improve as an individual and employee
- Good understanding of customer service importance and principles
Candidates should be educated to a minimum of National 5 in English, Maths and two other relevant subjects.
As well as entering full-time employment with a growing business, you will be given the fantastic opportunity to earn as you learn. Fully funded for candidates aged 16-24, you will undertake a Modern Apprenticeship in IT leading to the achievement of a nationally recognised SVQ in IT & Telecommunications as well as 3x Microsoft Technology certifications in Security, Networking and Server.
Candidates can apply by clicking here, or by e-mailing a copy of their CV to email@example.com
- If you have any questions relating to this role/vacancy, please contact Niall Cunningham of GP Strategies – ncunningham(at)gpstrategies.com
- Interviews are likely to be conducted remotely due to COVID-19