We have an immediate opportunity to appoint a Janitor who will be responsible for general maintenance duties and caretaking at our Blairgowrie offices and grounds.
You will be responsible for providing effective maintenance and caretaking, ensuring that the environment is kept clean and hazard-free with limited supervision managing your own workload, and seeking guidance when required from your line manager. You will be working within clearly defined protocols and procedures, adhering to all Risk Assessments and Operational policies (e.g. Health and Safety, Data Protection). Confidentiality Liaison is required with internal departments, external contractors, and all users of the premises.
A Company Van is provided so a driving license is essential.
Castle Water is one of the UK’s fastest-growing companies and is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, with headquarters in Perthshire.
Castle Water has a track record of providing excellent customer service, and of developing innovative approaches to utility supply. We developed the first affinity partnership in the water sector, pioneered online switching by customers, and were the first company to transfer customers in England. We have more 5-star reviews on Trustpilot than all other water retailers combined. Our values include treating customers fairly and maintain an open-door approach with our regulators.
Our head office is based in Blairgowrie in Northern Perthshire, within easy commuting distance of Perth and Dundee and equidistant between Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Aberdeen. The area provides excellent opportunities for a range of activities, from golf and fishing to mountain biking and skiing.
- To ensure that the buildings and grounds are maintained and developed in accordance with company direction.
- Report any loss or damage to your line manager timeously
- General maintenance of building(s) for example; changing various lights/fittings, clear blocked toilets or sinks (within remit), erect shelving, build computer workstations, notice boards and other similar tasks
- Wall washing, plaster work, touch up and painting of full rooms, change handles on cisterns, fix toilet seats, bleed radiators, and change thermostats
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that facilities continue to run smoothly
- Distribute incoming mail and take outgoing mail to the Post Office
- To check all goods received and distribute to various departments or central storage area, in line with appropriate Risk Assessment
- Testing and maintenance of Alarm systems
- Responsible for the monthly inspection of walkways and roadways including tarmacking/filling potholes
- There is a daily requirement to work outdoors e.g. litter picking, and in winter months be responsible for snow clearance/gritting application, monitoring of grit supplies, recording stock and when gritting is undertaken in line with local procedures
- Removal of Waste and Spillages e.g. clear flooded toilets and burst pipes in accordance with Risk Assessments
- Personal Development Plan to identify Continued Professional Development
Key Skills & Experience
- Reliability and discretion: you may often learn of confidential matters during the course of your work
- Organisational skills, problem-solving and knowing where to prioritise by using initiative.
- The use of cordless battery and electrically operated drills, saws and other tools, requiring hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Supply management/Inventory control
- A company van will be provided; therefore, a driving license is essential
- Ladder Safety, plumbing awareness and Electrical & Safety awareness are all desirable
How to apply
If you have the drive, experience, and skills to support our continued success, send your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Innovation and knowledge sharing are part of our everyday experience. We invest the training and support you need to succeed and deliver the excellent service our customers expect. We offer an attractive base salary, pension scheme, life cover and 28 days paid holiday.
As a responsible employer, the health, safety, and wellbeing of our people is a top priority. Our people are currently working from home where possible, and where this is not possible, additional measures have been put in place in line with government guidelines to ensure a safe environment for those who are working in our offices.