We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Finance Analyst to join a dynamic Operations Finance team.
We’re only looking for the best people to join our tight-knit team and contribute to its success. Strategically important and central to the success of the business, this unique role is varied and offers plenty of opportunities for personal development and achievement.
Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, supplying more than 570,000 Supply Points across England and Scotland. Castle Water is the leading supplier in London and the Thames Valley, South East England and Portsmouth, and one of the 5 largest suppliers in Scotland.
Castle Water has a track record of providing excellent customer service, and of developing innovative approaches to utility supply. We developed the first affinity partnership in the water sector, pioneered online switching by customers, and were the first company to transfer customers in England. We have more 5* reviews on Trust Pilot than all other water retailers combined. Our values include treating customers fairly and maintaining an open-door approach with our regulators.
Our head office is based in Blairgowrie in Northern Perthshire, within easy commuting distance of both Perth and Dundee and equidistant between Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Aberdeen – a location which provides excellent opportunities for a range of activities, from golf and fishing to mountain biking and skiing.
- Manage, organise, validate and refresh large quantities of data
- Develop and maintain databases, including refresh output report
- Report & Explain key Financial trends and anomalies from the cost of goods
- Investigate trends in data and understand key business drivers
- Bring clarity to reporting Financials, despite having a complex cost base and data landscape
- Implement Forecast model and monitor for continual improvement
- Report on key cashflow movements and impacts to senior management
- Assess the cost and commercial opportunities within the company’s cost of goods
- Support Wholesale & Market Operations team with Financial & Scenario analysis
- Work directly with Operational teams to improve data retrieval and data projects
- Identify and Understand market data discrepancies, and assist Operational teams in the resolution
- Develop market and regulatory expertise to unlock commercial opportunities
- Support Legal Team with value analysis of potential market disputes
- Manage data and reports within tight deadlines and timeframes
- Support Corporate Finance Team with Annual audit process
- Actively support the Business Performance department in the production of reports and analysis
- Perform ad hoc data analysis to support a growing business
Key Skills and Experience
Essential for the Role:
- Educated to Degree/Masters/MBA level or equivalent (relevant subjects would include Finance, Maths, Statistics, Machine Learning, Econometrics)
- Must be a strong team player, with the ability to work collaboratively across functions and departments
- Must have strong communication skills, formally and informally, as well as written and verbal, with the ability to communicate complex concepts or data in a meaningful way.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Must have strong logical and analytical skills; an inherent problem solver
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills
- Experienced Microsoft Excel user with moderate to advanced skills
- Knowledgeable about and able to use Microsoft office
- Experience in analysis, data analysis, or variance analysis - in working with large data
- Experience in using macros and basic programming
Desirable for the role:
- Background in mathematical and statistical modeling
- Experience using macros and basic programming e.g. SQL/Python/R/C++
- Coding skills including use of algorithm development
- Experience and skill in use of Power BI
- Flexible in your approach with the ability to prioritise your own work and that of others
- Experience of working in a Utilities sector, ideally the Water Industry
How to apply
If you have the drive, experience, and skills to support our continued success, send your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Innovation and knowledge sharing are part of our everyday experience. We invest the training and support you need to succeed and deliver the excellent service our customers expect. We offer an attractive base salary, pension scheme, life cover and 28 days paid holiday.