Castle Water has an exciting opportunity for Quality Assurance Specialists to actively support our busy Commercial, Invoicing, and Operational Teams.
This represents an excellent opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing companies in the utility sector. We are interested in enthusiastic and process-driven individuals seeking a career in the water retail market.
As a Quality Assurance Specialist, the main focus of the role is to ensure high-quality standards are achieved at all times, whilst ensuring customers are accurately and timeously billed. You will draw on your previous experience (which could be from Financial Services, Management Accounts, and Internal Audit) to ensure you deliver excellent levels of service across the company. Keen attention to detail and knowledge of QA processes are essential to progress in this role
Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, supplying 570,000 Supply Points across England and Scotland. Castle Water is the leading supplier in London and the Thames Valley, South-East England, and Portsmouth, and one of the 5 largest suppliers in Scotland.
Castle Water has a track record of providing excellent customer service, and of developing innovative approaches to utility supply. We developed the first affinity partnership in the water sector, pioneered online switching by customers, and were the first company to transfer customers in England. We have more 5-star reviews on Trustpilot than all other water retailers combined. Our values include treating customers fairly and maintain an open-door approach with our regulators.
Our head office is based in Blairgowrie in Northern Perthshire, within easy commuting distance of both Perth and Dundee. Blairgowrie is equidistant between Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Aberdeen and provides excellent opportunities for a range of activities, from golf and fishing to mountain biking and skiing.
- Manage the final stages of the write off process – work with Finance to ensure the approved cases have been written off
- Collaborate closely with other areas of the business to support and deliver dissolved processes and insolvencies
- Managing the Insolvency MI and reporting in conjunction with the Collections Finance Manager
- Ability to work in a high pressure, challenging, and fast-paced environment, working to tight deadlines
- Player-coach delivering an excellent performance that meets and regularly exceeds the agreed metrics
- Ongoing monitoring of performance statistics and KPIs to evaluate and ensure that the set goals and targets are consistently achieved
- Managing, analysing, and communicating key performance statistics to your team and operations managers, to improve team performance
Key Skills & Experience
- Financial qualification leading towards Management Accountant, Chartered Accountant
- Understanding of the Insolvency processes and laws
- Previous experience within a similar role – in a busy transactional environment such as utilities, finance, customer services, and telecoms is preferred
- Leadership/coaching experience within a customer service/contact centre environment is desirable
- Good evidence of improving results via effective management/coaching
- Must be commercially aware with a track record of consistently achieving and exceeding targets
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability and resilience to deal with challenges and ambiguity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Competent in all Microsoft office packages including Excel, office 365
How to apply
If you have the drive, experience, and skills to support our continued success, send your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Innovation and knowledge sharing are part of our everyday experience. We invest the training and support you need to succeed and deliver the excellent service our customers expect. We offer an attractive base salary, pension scheme, life cover and 28 days paid holiday.
As a responsible employer, the health, safety, and wellbeing of our people is a top priority. Our people are currently working from home where possible, and where this is not possible, additional measures have been put in place in line with government guidelines to ensure a safe environment for those who are working in our offices.