We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Systems Administrator in our expanding IT Division.
The role requires you to manage the Windows servers based service, managing backups, monitoring performance and troubleshooting.
Castle Water is one of the fastest growing and most successful companies in the utilities sector. We have exciting opportunities available for enthusiastic and customer-centric individuals seeking a new career in the water market.
Castle Water aims to deliver the best customer service in the sector. Creating positive interactions in the workplace and between our employees and our customers will help ensure our company continues to draw new and retain existing customers.
Castle Water has a track record of providing excellent customer service, and of developing innovative approaches to utility supply. We have more 5* reviews on Trustpilot than all other water retailers combined. We pride ourselves on being transparent and treating customers fairly.
Our head office is based in Blairgowrie, Perthshire, within easy commuting distance of both Perth and Dundee.
- Administration of Windows servers based service, managing backups, monitoring performance and troubleshooting
- Azure cloud management including monitoring, security, and maintenance
- Working with internal teams to move other services to Azure hosing from an on-premise environment
- Plan and manage infrastructure changes ensuring minimal downtime or customer disruption
- Be responsible for patching and firmware updates on all managed systems
- Support with internal networking projects
- Be part of the on-call team, providing system cover in evening and weekends
- Contribute to and deliver improvements that support the continuous improvement of processes and controls within the team, adopting ITIL best practices where possible
Key Skills & Experience
- A minimum 3 years’ experience of windows server and network administration of Azure cloud hosted services
- Experience in migrating on-premise to cloud-native services
- Highly desirable – Microsoft qualification in Windows Server/Azure
- Desirable – Cisco CCNA
- Experience of an ITSM function and of ITIL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all stakeholder levels
- Keen problem solver with the ability to analyse existing systems for enhancements and support resolutions
- Must be proactive and dependency-aware and able to show commitments and deadlines are self-managed
- Relationship management and customer engagement skills (both internally and externally)
- Good understanding of standard infrastructure technology and be willing to take on challenges and projects that will test and develop you as a professional
- Good understanding of Incident/Request management and ticket handling
- Experience of working to SLA’s and KPI measures
- Experience of using/contributing to a Knowledge base
As a responsible employer, the health, safety and wellbeing of our people is a top priority. Our people are currently working from home where possible, and where this is not possible, additional measures have been put in place in line with government guidelines to ensure a safe environment for those who are working in our offices.
How to apply
If you have the drive, experience and skills to support our continued success, send your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Innovation and knowledge sharing are part of our everyday experience. We invest the training and support you need to succeed and deliver the excellent service our customers expect. We offer an attractive base salary, pension scheme, life cover and 28 days paid holiday.