We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Administrator to join our dynamic and expanding IT/Systems team. We’re only looking for the best people to join our tight-knit team and contribute to its success. We need someone who is a team player, but also a self-starter who can work independently without close supervision.
Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, supplying (at September 2018) 570,000 Supply Points across England and Scotland. Castle Water is the leading supplier in London and the Thames Valley, South East England and Portsmouth, and one of the 5 largest suppliers in Scotland.
Castle Water has a track record of providing excellent customer service, and of developing innovative approaches to utility supply. We developed the first affinity partnership in the water sector, pioneered online switching by customers, and were the first company to transfer customers in England. We have more 5* reviews on Trust Pilot than all other water retailers combined. Our values include treating customers fairly and maintain an open-door approach with our regulators.
Our head office is based in Blairgowrie in Northern Perthshire, within easy commuting distance of both Perth and Dundee, and equidistant between Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen. The area provides excellent opportunities for a range of activities, from golf and fishing to mountain biking and skiing.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity, and will be based at our Blairgowrie offices.
- Daily system monitoring; verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs
- Cloud-based Infrastructure deployment and administration: Azure and AWS
- Performing regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Participating in the administration of backup operations
- Performing regular file archival and purge as necessary
- Creating and modifying user accounts per request
- Supporting workstation management, imaging, and configuration
- Ensuring that systems and procedures are properly documented
- Supporting physical security systems and ensuring that they are functioning properly
- Supporting in-house application configuration and usage
- Maintaining asset tracking systems
- Assessing, troubleshooting, and resolving user hardware/software issues
- Repairing and recovering from hardware or software failures
- Applying OS and firmware patches and upgrades
- Upgrading and configuring infrastructure systems and software as required
Key Skills & Experience:
- MCSE: Server Infrastructure, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or equivalent qualification or degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a System Administrator or similar role
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- The ability to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Windows Server 2012 Inc. Active Directory, Hyper V, Group Policy, DHCP, VLAN’s
- Azure, AWS cloud administration
- Previous experience migrating from on-premises to the cloud desirable
- VMWare Hypervisor Environment.
- Knowledge of the relevant security protocols and network/cyber security
- Windows operating systems (Windows 7 & 10)
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Keen problem solver with the ability to analyse existing systems for enhancements and support resolutions
- Must be proactive and dependency-aware and able to show commitments and deadlines are self-managed
- Effective communication to all stakeholder levels
- You will have a good understanding of standard infrastructure technology and be willing to take on challenges and projects that will test and develop you as a professional
- An appreciation for things going on around you in what is a professional environment and have the need to react quickly
- Experience with CentOS/Redhat Linux
- Experience with Samba and NFS configuration in multiplatform environment
- Strong working knowledge of Linux, including command line
Other Desirable (but not essential) qualities include:
- Knowledge of Python coding
- Knowledge of shell scripting
How to apply
If you have the drive, experience and skills to support our continued success, send your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Innovation and knowledge sharing are part of our everyday experience. We invest the training and support you need to succeed and deliver the excellent service our customers expect. We offer an attractive base salary, pension scheme, life cover and 28 days paid holiday.