Castle Water notes the announcement by CCWater.
- Castle Water’s average call waiting time has been under 30 seconds this year to date, and under 50 seconds for the past four months.
- Castle Water has now delivered benefits to customers of over £600,000 which result from the new market arrangements.
- Castle Water has resolved thousands of serious historical errors in billing data and is currently resolving several thousand more issues.
- Castle Water has moved over 50,000 supply points to monthly consolidated bills, giving efficiency gains for multi-site businesses.
- Castle Water’s bills give greater transparency, showing how charges are calculated, making it easier for customers to challenge them.
Castle Water is committed to improving customer service further and is:
- Commissioning a new customer service centre, which will be operational in May;
- Completing a redesign of invoices, based on customer feedback received over the past year, which will be complete in April; and
- Currently piloting a new online account management system, which will be rolled out to all customers.
As an independent water retailer, Castle Water is ideally placed to challenge historic bills and pricing and to act on customers behalf to ensure they are paying the right prices for their water. This can be seen in the number of resolved cases where Castle Water has successfully challenged the billing parameters set by Wholesalers.
We are not complacent, and are continuously improving our services for all customers. The next few weeks and months will see further significant improvements, resulting from the investment we have made over the past year.
Iain McPherson, Customer Services Director
In reality, the separation of retail from wholesale has helped bring new transparency to water charging and improved the quality of billing accuracy for several thousand customers. CCWater has simply not got to grips with the detail of the new market. Its ostrich impression doesn’t help customers and will distort the market.
John Reynolds OBE, CEO of Castle Water
Want to hear more from Castle Water? Join the conversation on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn