I have submitted my Temporary Closure Form. What happens now?

We’ll update your account and update your Wholesaler to ensure charges are stopped. We’ll then send you a final bill up to the date you closed. If you normally pay by Direct Debit, we will collect the total balance of your final bill. If you have overpaid, a refund will be arranged as soon as possible.

My business closed before 25 March 2020. Why can I only reclaim back to that date?

Ofwat only allow temporary closures associated with Covid-19 for the period 25 March to 31 July 2020. Charges will be due before and after this period even if your business was or still is closed.

Will I still be charged if any water was used whilst my business premises has been closed?

If your premises is metered, any consumption recorded on the meter while you were closed will be subject to charges in line with Ofwat requirements.

I submitted a Temporary Closure form weeks ago. Why haven’t I heard anything back?

We have received a large number of temporary closure forms and therefore ask for your patience and understanding as we continue to process these.

I am still being charged even though I submitted a Temporary Closure form. Why?

Whilst we work through the Temporary Closure forms and until we can process yours, you will find that your Direct Debit payments are still being taken each month. If we identify that you have overpaid, on updating your account, a refund will be arranged as soon as possible. If you’re struggling to pay your normal fixed Direct Debit, please email payments@castlewater.co.uk.

Will I be able to get a refund for the period my business was closed?

When we process your temporary closure form, a refund will be arranged if you have overpaid.

I submitted a Temporary Closure Form but now I’m ready to re-open. What should I do?

If you are ready to re-open or have already re-opened your business premises, please let us know at castlewater.co.uk/reopening. Please provide meter reads on this form if your premises is metered to ensure we can provide you with a new bill that’s as accurate as possible.

My business has been open during COVID-19 but on reduced hours and I am struggling to pay. What can I do?

If your business has been operating on reduced hours/staff during Covid-19, please pay what you can for this period or contact us at payments@castlewater.co.uk if Covid-19 has made it difficult for you to pay. It’s important that there is sufficient funding to provide a clean, safe water supply.

My business will be closing permanently. What do I need to do?

If you will not be re-opening your business, please let us know by completing a Move Out form at castlewater.co.uk/movingpremises. Let us know on the form when you first closed your business and the date you moved out permanently.

Go to Temporary Closure Form.