Water wholesaler, Thames Water, continues to advise business customers to minimise heavy water usage at peak times.
With the ongoing hot weather across the UK, high water demands in the Thames and Greater London region could lead to low pressure or interruptions to local water supplies at peak times.
Thames Water continues to urges customers to continue lowering heavy water consumption levels during the daily peak demand periods of 7am to 9am and 6pm to 8pm.
What can businesses do?
- Reduce the total volume of water your business is using
- Stop or reduce heavy water use during peak times – (7am-9am and 6pm-8pm)
- Stop irrigation during the middle of hot sunny days
- Check for leaks on toilets, taps and urinals. Even a small constant dribble can waste 200-400 litres a day – as much as a family of four’s total daily use.
- Stop urinals from flushing overnight. Even if you don't have sensors fitted, turning off the flow to the urinals could save you thousands of litres every day.
- Educate your staff about saving water. They’re usually dissociated from your business and might not be thinking about water efficiency as they work. Use our free water efficiency resources for businesses to get started.
For more information read our latest blog post, Water efficiency for businesses during a heatwave.