Water charges and Price Review 2019: Castle Water Conference informs water customers about the impact of new tariffs
Castle Water staged its third annual Customer Conference for large water users at Methodist Central Hall, Westminster this week to provide a detailed analysis of Price Review 2019, (“PR19”), and deliver updates on key aspects of the business water market.
Castle Water CEO, John Reynolds OBE, explained: “PR19 will set water tariffs from April 2020 until 2025. The new price controls are expected to make significant changes to water charges. We want to give our customers every opportunity to increase their understanding of changes in the water market and the ability to plan ahead. A unique event in the industry, the annual Castle Water Conference also offers the ideal opportunity to meet with a range of our Wholesalers and efficiency partners to consider resource efficiency and business sustainability and, in particular, to learn more about technologies that can help save water and cut costs.”
During this year’s event, customers learnt more about:
- Ofwat’s proposals for PR19 and how they would affect their organisation
- Thames Water’s future investment plans and priorities
- The different perspectives on the implications of PR19
- Tariff changes specifically in the Thames Water and South East Water areas for 2019-20
- New technologies now available to manage water usage
- John Reynolds OBE, CEO, Castle Water
- Steve Robertson, CEO, Thames Water
- Rob Francis, Associate Director, Frontier Economics
- Verity Mitchell, Director, Utilities Research, HSBC
- Richard Moore, Director of Corporate Affairs, Castle Water
- Fiona Griffith, Group Director, Isle Group
In an industry first, Castle Water customers were invited to meet with and hear more about PR19 investment plans for regional water wholesale and network operators including Thames Water, South East Water, Portsmouth Water, Severn Trent Water, United Utilities and Yorkshire Water.
With effective water management, sustainability and business resilience high on the agenda, customers also enjoyed the opportunity to engage with Castle Water’s range of specialist service and equipment partners and to learn more about the latest technologies available in the water sector.
Missed the conference? Find out more.