We are seeking Meter Readers for commercial properties in the Thames Water area. This includes Central/South London, West London, M4 Corridor, and the Oxford area.
Applicants should state which area(s) they are interested in and must be able to travel broadly in the area. Company vans, PPE, and appropriate equipment will be provided.
Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, supplying approximately 560,000 Supply Points across England and Scotland.
Castle Water has a track record of providing excellent customer service, and of developing innovative approaches to utility supply. We developed the first affinity partnership in the water sector, pioneered online switching by customers, and were the first company to transfer customers in England. We have more 5-star reviews on Trust Pilot than all other water retailers combined. Our values include treating customers fairly and maintaining an open-door approach with our regulators.
Our head office is based in Blairgowrie in Northern Perthshire, within easy commuting distance of both Perth and Dundee. Blairgowrie is equidistant between Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Aberdeen and provides excellent opportunities for a range of activities, from golf and fishing to mountain biking and skiing.
- Work as part of the wider Metering Team, with the ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Undertake site visits to customers accurately record, validate and process commercial water meter readings within a designated region
- Conduct site investigations to report on the status of the premises
- Ensure all information is recorded accurately and complies with the necessary processes.
- Verify readings in cases where consumption appears to be abnormal and record possible reasons for fluctuations.
- Ensure correct escalation routes are used in cases of potential health and safety risks
- Deliver an excellent and professional customer service experience
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience as a utilities meter reader would be preferable
- Previous experience in debt collections would be desirable
- Highly motivated to succeed with a flexible approach to tasks and working
- Be well-organised with the ability to work autonomously, to timescales, and under pressure
- Have a full UK driving license with no more than 3 penalty points
- Have a good geographical knowledge of the Thames Valley region
- Strong IT skills, particularly in Microsoft office
- Must be able to walk up to 5 miles per day, which may also involve climbing stairs. There will also be some heavy lifting involved when removing pit covers to access meters
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, with a professional approach to work
- Demonstratable experience in conflict resolution
- Number of site visits conducted per day
- Number of reads obtained per day
- Minimum daily hours in the field per day
- % Positive visit outcomes
How to apply
If you have the drive, experience, and skills to support our continued success, send your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Innovation and knowledge sharing are part of our everyday experience. We invest the training and support you need to succeed and deliver the excellent service our customers expect. We offer an attractive base salary, pension scheme, life cover, and 28 days paid holiday.
As a responsible employer, the health, safety, and wellbeing of our people is a top priority. Our employees are currently working from home where possible, and where this is not possible, additional measures have been put in place in line with government guidelines to ensure a safe environment for those who are working in our offices.