Meter access charges
As we aim to minimise our tariffs, and do not want to increase costs for all customers, we have had to take the decision to put in place two additional charges for occasions where we incur costs above the level allowed for in the tariff.
- Refusal of access charge: where we attend your premises to read a meter, but you do not permit us to do so, there will be a charge of £45.
- Additional steps access charge: where we are required to carry out unusual maintenance tasks to successfully read a meter, such as pruning hedges or removing a build-up of mud, or complying with access restrictions imposed by you, there will be a charge of £67.
We aim to take a meter reading from all our customers at least once annually, and in most cases twice a year. Unfortunately, in some cases we are unable to take a meter reading when we attend customer premises which results in us incurring significant costs.
It is important to note that,
- these charges are set at a level to recover our own costs. The cost allowance we receive for reading customer meters only covers reading a meter without any additional work.
- we are charged additional costs by the Market Operator if we fail to take a meter reading as scheduled.
- under the Terms & Conditions by which Castle Water provides you with Services, we may ask you, and you agree, to provide meter readings on reasonable request, including where we or our agents have been unable to access the meter to get a reading.
- our primary objective remains to gain a meter read, which requires your assistance by either giving access to our meter readers, or by supplying us with your meter reading.